Monday, September 26, 2011

Fab 5 Fraudy





I read about this over the weekend. It originated from REVOK's blog. I'm just gonna copy and pasted the text which isn't 100% accurate b/c I am not posting every photo Revok is mentioning but I am adding a couple of the photos but you should check out his blog for the full scoop and evidence. This guy Fab 5 Freddy got caught red handed and it's about time someone pulled his card.




FROM REVOK

This post is sure to ruffle some feathers and possibly damage a few relationships… But i cant bite my tongue on this one since it involves a dear friend and crew member of mine SEVER MSK.

So… I was eating dinner tonight entertaining myself with my iphone browsing the web, I came across something mentioning a recent show at Subliminal Projects in L.A. involving 2 of the most important and influential graffiti artists in history… And one poser. The title of this show ironically was “3 kings” -I nearly threw-up my salad.

Now FUTURA 2000 & LEE QUINONES are undeniably kings in every respect, and I have the highest respect for both artists and in no way aim to disrespect them. I think every writer on the planet would agree they are true kings in every respect… But this less than fabulous Freddie character is a lame and NEVER WAS A GRAFFITI WRITER/ARTIST. Actually let me make a correction… He painted some really shitty piece on a movie set, a music video, started a piece once on one train and didnt finish… and caught a few tags around a trendy neighborhood were a few key galleries were located in the 80′s… This in no way qualifies him as anything but a wanna-be and a perpetrator. To show this lame alongside true legends FUTURA & LEE is a travesty and insult to the culture.

Now I bet your wondering why I am going so hard at poor Fab-5 and knocking the guy’s hustle… Under any other circumstances I’d have a chuckle and go about my business… But I absolutely can not leave this one alone because that shit Fab-5 tried to present in a gallery as “original art” isn’t original. Fab’s “art” is composed entirely of stolen bits and pieces from my friend SEVER’s art… And its reproduced tragically might i add. Here is a guy who was NEVER a graffiti writer… Posing as a “king of graffiti” -All the while stealing from a REAL graffiti writer. SEVER is a world renown & globally recognized & respected graffiti artist… I bet “King FAB 5″ doesn’t even know who SEVER is and stumbled across SEVER’s work doing a google search… FUCKING PATHETIC.

Surely “King Fab-5″ would have a long catalogue of his own work to “sample” from to create original pieces for his art show right? -Wrong, he doesn’t have shit because he never did shit.

-Here are some sample of “King Fab-5′s” work found on ARRESTED MOTION…

SEVER’s S upside down as well as a E from a SEVER piece. The top letter is a Y, flipped upside down and stolen from YES2 out of the Bronx.

It’s a real shame I have to be a prick and pull Fab-5′s card like this, after all I grew up watching Yo’ MTV raps… And apparently the guy was partially responsible for the film “Wild Style” being made for christ’s sake… But Dude’s a fraud & a thief. Photoshopping an other artists work onto a canvas and presenting it as yours isn’t acceptable. I pity the poor bastard that bought into a line of bullshit and spent his or her $ on that garbage.

-I rest my case.

No comments:

Need more MSG?

Click "OLDER POSTS" over there on the right side puto!